Keeping Patients Healthy
IMPORTANT MESSAGE: CORONAVIRUS
Please see below regarding steps we are taking are asking our patients to take in light of the Coronavirus outbreak:
Dear Patient and Family,
At Mattingly and Howell Orthodontics, we pride ourselves on putting you, our patient, first. With the increasing concerns regarding Coronavirus, we wanted to share some steps we’ve taken to ensure your safety:
- We are closely monitoring situations at the local level and will close locations or modify operations as needed to ensure patient and team member safety. We will reach out to you directly to reschedule if this occurs.
- We’ve made it mandatory for all team members sick or under the weather to stay home. Also, we’ve made arrangements to support our team members in the event they must stay home.
- A member of our team will greet you at the door with hand sanitizer and offer for you to stay in your car while we treat your child.
- We continue to practice Universal Safety Precautions for Infection Control (CDC standards for sterilization and disinfection).
- We’re requiring team members to go above and beyond to ensure a clean environment, including disinfecting common area surfaces on the hour and removal of magazines and handheld devices.
- We’re restricting the treatment area to patients only and spacing out patients in treatment chairs as much as possible.
- We’re eliminating contact with parents and patients – we love you, but we’re refraining from our usual high-fives, hugs, and handshakes.
- To reduce overall patient volume, we’re actively rescheduling certain appointments that are less time-sensitive. If your appointment is one that we feel we can safely move, while still providing an exceptional outcome, we will contact you and see if you would like to reschedule.
We also greatly value our teams and the communities that we serve. To make sure that we are operating with an abundance of caution, we kindly ask that you call and reschedule your appointment if you can say yes to any of the following questions:
- Have your or any of your family members been exhibiting flu-like symptoms such as cough, fever, or shortness of breath?
- Have you or any of your family members been in close proximity to someone exhibiting flu-like symptoms within the last 48 hours?
- In the last 14 days, have you or any family members traveled to an area of high-risk for COVID-19? This includes all locations that are currently listed as either Level 2 or Level 3.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation and help in keeping Mattingly and Howell Orthodontics a safe environment. We are committed to your safety and will keep you updated as we continue to assess the situation on a daily basis.
Dr. Chris Mattingly and Dr. Chris Howell