If you're about to have orthodontic treatment for the first time, you’ll probably have a few questions to ask. The friendly team at Mattingly & Howell Orthodontics, PSC cares about making sure you feel comfortable and knowledgeable about your care. We’ve compiled the answers to some of the most frequently asked questions we get from our patients here.
- Why should an orthodontic specialist complete my treatment?
- At what age should I schedule an appointment for an orthodontic screening?
- Will my teeth straighten out as I grow and get older?
- Is it too late to have braces if I’m already an adult?
- How long will it take to complete treatment?
- How often will I have an appointment?
- Can I drop my child off for an appointment?
- Does wearing braces hurt?
- Can I still play sports or play my instrument while wearing braces?
- Do I need to see my general dentist while wearing braces?
- How often should I brush my teeth while I have braces?
- Are there any foods I cannot eat while I have braces?